Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Budget Review Process

This evening I completed reviewing the budget for every department in the City.  As part of my commitment to you as your elected representative, I've spent the past month going over the budget line-item by line-item to make sure your tax dollars are used responsibly to keep our communities safe and to provide you with the best possible city services.

Tomorrow I will be meeting with City staff to go over my review and get their input on ways to keep our City in the best financial shape possible.

Last week, I sent a letter to many of you via email encouraging all San Mateo residents to review as much of the budget as they can and bring any ideas they have to the City Council meeting this coming Monday, June 21.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you have about the budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment