Here is a sampling of what I did over the past two weeks:
- Reviewed the current fiscal state of the City, especially in light of the $21 billion shortfall projected by Sacramento.
- Met with members of various neighborhood associations to discuss their visions for maintaining the character and quality of their neighborhoods.
- Represented the interests of San Mateo and met fellow council members on the Peninsula at the monthly Council of Cities dinner.
- Met with the Downtown San Mateo Association to discuss ways to help keep Downtown San Mateo a vibrant area for neighbors and businesses.
- Helped serve meals at the Self-Help for the Elderly Holiday Lunch and talked to seniors about issues important to them.