Saturday, December 17, 2011

Domestic Violence Council

Part of my new duties as a Councilmember is to assist our larger regional community on issues of importance to all of us. 


Therefore, I am please to announce that earlier this week I was appointed to be the representative for San Mateo Cities to the San Mateo County Domestic Violence Council.  

As part of a committee comprised of county, city, social service, and neighborhood representatives, I will help shape county policy to reduce and prevent domestic violence and enhance victim services in our county. 


I am honored to have been selected to this role unanimously by representatives from all 20 cities in San Mateo County.  


As a Deputy District Attorney for the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, I have personally obtained convictions in domestic violence cases, and have worked personally with victims of domestic violence to keep them safe and help them regain their dignity and move on from this very terrible crime.  

I look forward to adding my experience to address the issue of domestic violence in San Mateo County, and to enhancing services for domestic violence victims in our community. 


To read more about the San Mateo County Domestic Violence Council, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment